Cleaning your suedes is high maintenance. Although suedes are very fashionable, they are very easy to scuff and stain. We highly recommend you take your suedes regularly to Arthur Copeland due to the complexity of maintaining them. However, if you insist on cleaning them yourself, here are a few tips on doing so:
- Use a suede brush. This helps remove dirt and dust that has been collected over time as well as remove scuff marks.
- Brush in the direction of the fabric’s grain to avoid ruining it.
- Avoid brushing too hard. Brush gently.
- A toothbrush can also be used if you do not have a suede brush.
- Use a suede protector spray in order to protect your suede from water and other elements that could stain or damage your suedes.
- Be careful to spray perfume, hairspray and other chemicals as it might harm your suedes.
- Treat stains immediately. Do not let them sit or else they could stay permanently.
Again, we highly recommend you take your suedes to Arthur Copeland. The risk of ruining your suedes after attempting any of the above tips is too great. Why go through the risk and we can assure you that your suedes will be as good as new under our care?
Visit Arthur Copeland for all your suede cleaning needs.